Altar.io is hiring a
Are you an experienced UX/UI Designer looking to grow in a team of highly-skilled, top talent innovators while working on multiple products in a range of industries?
If so, Altar may be the right place for you.
With us, you’ll help entrepreneurs and business leaders build innovative products that transform their industries, from early-stage MVPs to disruptive satellite products.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a host of entrepreneurs and business leaders, like an ex-Product Owner of YouTube and a former Managing Director of HSBC. Not to mention, exciting companies like the multi-award-winning regtech startup, Apiax or Coca–Cola.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll be focused on all aspects of a product’s development. This will include design, usability, function, and even Design Systems and Prototyping. Your work will touch the entire end-to-end journey of a user’s interaction with a product and includes identifying new opportunities for the product and business in demanding web projects.
With us, you’ll not be alone working in these cutting-edge technologies. You’ll be among a cross-functional team of seasoned Altarions with expertise in a multitude of sectors, from fintech and marketplace to AI and IoT.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll be:
- Facilitating the product vision by combining researching, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Designing UI elements such as input controls, navigational components, and informational components.
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns, and attractive user interfaces
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant solutions.
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions.
- Taking a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
The Hands-On Experience We Need You to Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years of work experience as a UX/UI designer.
- Expertise in using design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Experience in using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
The Extra Experience We’d Love to See:
- Basic HTML and CSS skills are highly valued.
- Experience designing complex solutions.
- Passion for all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
- Experience with user-centred design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability, and accessibility concerns.
**Here’s The Cutting Edge Tech Stack We Use: **
- Figma – for design, prototyping and design systems
- Angular 2+, React, Vue, Gatsby, HTML, CSS, and SASS – for Front-End development
- Flutter, ReactNative, and Nativescript – for Mobile development
- NodeJS, ExpressJS, and TensorFlowJS – for Back-End development
- Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform – for Managed APIs
- MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Redis, and InfluxDB (TimeSeries) – for DBA Admin
- Cypress, Jest, and Karma – for Testing
- Jira and Confluence –for collaboration and organisation
What You Can Expect from our Recruitment Process:
Our process starts with us screening your CV and Portfolio. Once we’ve done that you can expect:
- A one hour interview with our People Team, so we can get to know you better
- A one and a half-hour technical interview to talk about your skills and experience
- A final one hour interview to make sure we’re the right fit for you, and you’re the right fit for us.
Once you’ve completed the process we’ll be in touch to let you know whether or not you were successful. If you’re the right fit, we’ll also give you more details on the next steps to become an Altarion.
What You Can Expect from Working with Us:
Full focus on helping you make the most out of life
- A competitive salary that aligns with your experience
- Health Insurance for you and your household
- We need you to live in Portugal (or be happy and legally qualified to relocate here). That being said, we have a remote-first policy with the option to join us in an informal, pet-friendly, office environment in the heart of Lisbon
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days paid vacation
- Team events like weekly Yoga classes, Summer Surf Days, Christmas Dinners and much more.
Full focus on helping you make the most out of your Career
- Detailed career plan with strong growth potential
- Training budget to help you achieve your goals more effectively
- Global projects with industry-leading clients
- A team of top talent innovators and researchers at your side
If you got increasingly excited about Altar while reading this, then we’re just as excited about you! Apply now and let’s see if we can make you the next Altarion.